TRYOUTS ARE SCHEDULED THROUGHOUT MAY
Director of Soccer: Rick Romanski- firstname.lastname@example.org
Academy Director: Rory Rosten- (845) 405-9379
Head Referee: John Hayes- (914) 907-7821
Referee assistant: Sam Arno- (914) 522-7274
• Travel players tryout in May. All players trying out for a travel team MUST register online first.
• Travel teams generally start practice during summer months in preparation for the Labor Day Tournament which is our biggest travel fundraising event.
• Travel teams usually practice 2 days per week for 1.5 – 2 hours each session on assigned fields with days/times being set by the coach.
• Each season will have at least 7 games up to 10 games.
• U-8 through U-12 play a size 4 ball. U-13 and up play a size 5 ball.
• U-9/U-10 play two 25 minute halves (may be broken into quarters); U-11/U-12 play two 30 minute halves; U-13/U-14 play two 35 minute halves; U-15/U-16 play two 40 minute halves; and U-19 play two 45 minute halves.
• In Division 1, playtime is established by the coach. In Division 2 and below (which includes ALL teams playing in age groups U-8 through U-11), each player should play at least half a game over the course of a season.
• Our teams currently play in the EHYSL and and WYSL to form more competitive divisions.
• U15-U19 will play on one of our High School league teams.
• U8 – U10 is $425, U11-U14 is $425, High School (Spring only) is $300 plus team fees.
A seperate TEAM TRAVEL FEE is required for all travel teams to cover the fees for trainers, tournaments, supplies and parties.
• We now have multiple child discounts: $20 off 2nd child, $40 off 3rd child, $60 off 4th child.
Travel Labor Day Tournament
The Labor Day Tournament is the primary means of raising funds for the travel program.
Every PLAYER is required to sell a minimum of $250 of advertising, donation or family pay. Each team must also provide “labor” for the tournament (i.e., field marshalling and own field clean up) If a team does not fulfill its obligations, team funds will be frozen.
Scores and Standings
Travel program scores and standings are kept by East Hudson Youth Soccer League at www.ehysl.net or Westchester Youth Soccer League @ www.wyslsoccer.org
• No Jewelry, including earrings
• Shin guards must be worn during all practices and games – no exceptions
• Shin guards must be worn under socks
• Cleats – highly recommended
• Safety glasses/goggles are highly recommended
• Uniform shirts must be tucked in at all times
• In inclement weather, long sleeve shirts may be worn under the uniform; long pants may be worn over the uniform, but is at the referee’s discretion at the Travel level.
• If a player is offered a position on a YYSC travel team you have 48 hours to decline this position.
- Failure to decline the offer of acceptance is considered an acceptance and there will be no refunds.
- If a player declines the offer and does not want to play in any of our other programs a refund less a A $25 tryout fee will be returned.
- If a player makes a travel team but declines within the 48 hours and decides to stay in the In- House program , we will refund the difference between the Travel and In House fee.
- Anyone who does not make a travel team will receive a refund minus a $25 travel tryout fee.