TRYOUTS ARE SCHEDULED THROUGHOUT MAY.
The travel program is available to players U8 through U19. The Travel Program is an option for all players U8 through U19 who are looking for a more competitive environment.
Director of Soccer – Rick Romanski(YYSC@verizon.net)
• Travel players tryout in May. All players trying out for a travel team MUST register online first.
• Travel teams generally start practice during summer months in preparation for the Labor Day Tournament which is our biggest travel fundraising event.
• Travel teams usually practice 2 days per week for 1.5 – 2 hours each session on assigned fields with days/times being set by the coach.
• Each season will have at least 7 games up to 10 games.
• U-8 through U-12 play a size 4 ball. U-13 and up play a size 5 ball.
• U-9/U-10 play two 25 minute halves (may be broken into quarters); U-11/U-12 play two 30 minute halves; U-13/U-14 play two 35 minute halves; U-15/U-16 play two 40 minute halves; and U-19 play two 45 minute halves.
• In Division 1, playtime is established by the coach. In Division 2 and below (which includes ALL teams playing in age groups U-8 through U-11), each player should play at least half a game over the course of a season.
• Our teams currently play in the EHYSL and some play in the Metro League which is a joint effort by EHYSL and WYSL to form more competitive divisions.
• U15-U19 will play on one of our High School league teams.
• U8 – U10 is $310, U11-U14 is $350, High School (Spring only) is $250 plus team fees. There are additional fees associated with being with a travel team such as trainer fees, tournaments, supplies, etc.
• We now have multiple child discounts: $20 off 2nd child, $40 off 3rd child, $80 off 4th child.
Travel Labor Day Tournament
The Labor Day Tournament is the primary means of raising funds for the travel program.
Every team is required to sell a minimum of $2,500 of advertising. Each team must also provide “labor” for the tournament (i.e., fields, concessions, parking, etc.) If a team does not fulfill its obligations, funding will be withheld.
Scores and Standings
Travel program scores and standings are kept by East Hudson Youth Soccer League on www.ehysl.org. Directions can also be found on the EHYSL
• No Jewelry, including earrings
• Shin guards must be worn during all practices and games – no exceptions
• Shin guards must be worn under socks
• Cleats – highly recommended
• Safety glasses/goggles are highly recommended
• Uniform shirts must be tucked in at all times
• In inclement weather, long sleeve shirts may be worn under the uniform; long pants may be worn over the uniform, but is at the referee’s discretion at the Travel level.
• If you make a travel team but decide not to play for the YYSC travel team you can request a full refund within 48 hours of receiving email that you have been accepted onto the team.
• If you make a travel team but decide to play In House instead we will refund the difference between the Travel and In House fee. Notify us within 48 hours receiving the email that you have been accepted to a team. We will refund the difference between travel and in house fee.
• If you do not make a travel team you will either receive a full refund or if you choose to play In House instead we will refund you the difference.
• There will be no refunds once a commitment and payment has been made to a travel team.
A Refund Request Form must be completed and postmarked before the first game of the season in order to process refunds!